Saturday, December 20, 2008

On my way to the USA

Afterschool on Friday I wwent to Carmen's house (she is my cooperating teacher). we had a delicious dinner of homemade macaroni and cheese. I met her son (don't remember his name begins with a P, but since it's Greek I really can't pronounce it). Went to bed around 9:30pm but I hardly slept as I was worried that I would oversleep. Finally got up at 4:45 am and we were in the car by 5 to the airport.
I ran into my colleague Keisha and her husband Marcus (Marcus works for the American Embassy) we were on the same plane but they were off to Atlanta. On my flight to Paris, I had a window seat (I always go back and forward about wanting a window versus aisle seat - if you have a window seat you can lean against the wall to sleep - if you have an aisle seat others can knock you as they go past, you have nothing to lean on but if you need to go to the bathroom you can). So the man sitting next to me was fast asleep and I had to go! But then I felt bad b/c he was in a deep sleep and he was a dad who probably got up at like 3 or 4 to get his wife and kids to the airport. So I let him sleep until I was going to burst and then woke him up. So this is the dilemna I have about choosing an aisle versus a window seat.
I have an aisle on my way from Paris to Washington - which leaves in about 2 hours - thank goodness because I have been here for 5 hours already and I am getting tired and want to sleep on the plane - but then again I have the aisle so people and carts will be knocking me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jill.
Have a wonderful holiday with your family.
Love Helen and Charles (B)

Anonymous said...

Jill,
Maybe you should try the middle seat!!!!!!

You should be landing in Savannah in about 2 hours.

Love Dad xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill,

Call me when you are back in the USA (I don't have your parents # so if we're not home leave it on our voice mail). Can't wait to catch up!!!!

Adele