Sunday, December 7, 2008

Make-A-Wish

Saturday I volunteered for Make-A-Wish. Bazaars are very popular here and there are tons - every school and organization have bazaars to raise money for their company. So, Make-A-Wish had there's yesterday (Friday) and today in the Syntagma metro station. although there was a tremendous variety of items- it was in a pretty large room and there were SO many people and most purchased at least one thing!


I saw many of the people I had met the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Even though my Greek is ever so small, I really felt that I helped. Once I figured out the prices and figured out how to say them in Greek, I could tell what they asking for!


Before I helped out I went to this area to buy theater tickets at a place similar to a Ticket Master. Syntagma Square is a happening place! I was having lunch outside and these "musicians" came up to me and starting playing a song (asking for money). It was one of those most embarrassing moments as I am sitting there all by myself and they are playing right in front of me. So I dig for some change but before I give them a few coins, I make the most of this embarrassing time and took a picture of them and then gave them money. Everyone around me laughed!



Then I went over to my friend's house with the regular gang and we watched Love Actually.

No comments: