Monday, December 15, 2008




Saturday my friends and I sent down to Syntagma Square to check out the burnt Christmas tree and to see the other destruction down there. It was really a positive feeling getting off the metro and entering the Square. It was a beautiful day with many people out shopping, having coffee or lunch - the mood was like that after the sniper was caught in Maryland - a feeling of relief that the fear to do your everyday errands had vanished. There were bands playing Christmas music, street performers doing their "mime" acts, some guy blowing bubbles - it was a breath of fresh air. However, later that day there were more demonstrations/protests and they have continued this week.



I had my second successful party Saturday night. The regular gang was there and we did a white elephant game which was a lot of fun. I had many candles burning and a log in my fire place - it was cozy and comfortable. Good food and company!












Sunday evening, I went to the theater to see Rain - Cirque Eloize (a Cirque de Soleil performance) it was amazing - I said "Wow" a lot!

No comments: