Monday, December 8, 2008

Safe ---- Athens Riots

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am safe and home. Thank you for your concerns. Well things have certainly gotten out of hand here in Athens but I am safe at home. I actually had good friends walk me all the way home. We were told to leave campus as soon as school got out and tomorrow school is cancelled as they are calling for a day of mourning. But like many riots, I feel youths are all fired up and just think its alright or their right to smash windows, burn things and cause chaos.
I am secretively thankful for the day tomorrow because I have so many report cards to write!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, It was great to SKYPE with you yesterday. Hearing and seeing you brings joy and comfort when Ahens' news is so bad. Glad you are safe at your home. Please saty that way. You mentioned the Squar in your prior Blog entry and that's where things are so chaotic.
keep in touch and SAFE.Less tha 2 weeks and you will be home.

Love
Dad
xxxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,

Glad to hear you are safe. You were in my thoughts last night as I watched the news... looks pretty crazy. Stay safe!! I look forward to talking to you over the holidays!

Hugs,

Adele

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, So glad that as I finally got to checking I also immediately had my welcome answer: that you are ok!
I certainly don't keep in touch but think of you and the blend of adventure and everyday that marks this period of your life.
Love, Claudia L.
P.S. Read your Dad's entry. You here for the Hols.?