Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year

Sorry for my delay.... So I had a great time in the states - covered a lot of ground and saw many friends and family! Was in SC for a week and went down to FL to see the grandparents and my uncle. Grandpa is not doing great but it was SO good to see him and give Grandma company and support. Weather was gorgeous in the south - even went to the beach on Christmas Day!!!!



My visit in Maryland was also great. The 4.5 days I was there was not too rushed and I was able to spend good quality time with so many friends. I headed straight to Montgomery Mall and the first person I see is Sr. Dyer - we looked at each other and said "You don't live here" and then I said " You don't live here!" Small worlds! I also saw the Earenfights, Mary Power and then I had coordinated to meet with any of my students who wanted to meet. Thank you all for taking the time to come out and see me - means a lot!!!! It was great seeing you Lena, Morgan (&Lucy), Claire, Lea, Suzanne, McKinley (&Grant), Sophia (&Catherine&Jane) & Ari & Emmie AND parents! I love hearing about middle school and your other adventures.




On the other side of SR, the "girls" had such a lovely lunch out - we chatted so long, when I looked at my watch 3 hours had quickly slipped by. Sarah, Ninette, Kate and Courtney - thank you for being such terrific friends - I miss you as colleagues and as friends!


New Years Eve was also great - the regular "gang" got together for a low-key, good food - chilli and 'smores - relaxing evening at Dave and Shannon's. (We should have got a group photo!) Chris I will not post the photo of you as this is a G rated blog! But Kir & Geoff thanks for bringing the party favors and thanks Dave and Shannon for hosting it. Ralph - glad you could swing by. Chris - great to spend time with you!


Happy 2009 everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Jill.
Thank you so much for your note..we will continue to follow your adventures with great interest.
Love Helen and Charles (B)

Sarah said...

Hi Jill! It was great to see you last month. You'll have to send me a copy of the pic so I can pass it along to the gang here. Miss you already!
Sarah

Unknown said...

Jill--It was so great to talk to you this afternoon. I loved hearing about your trials and adventures. I am really glad to hear you're adjusting and taking advantage of all Greece has to offer. I'm going on line now to look for flights. I really would LOVE to fly to Greece this summer to visit. I miss you a lot.

Love, SB