Monday, December 1, 2008

My Walk to Work




Here are some photos of my walk to school. It is down hill in the morning and I am refreshed so it is a pleasant walk except for the obstacles as you will see along the way. My building is the one beside the Applebee’s restaurant behind the trees. For some reason every time I walk past the Applebees it smells like wet dog! The parking lot sign cracks me up because green grass is quite rare here in Athens and the man who runs the parking lot has a small fountain, garden decorations such as a blue crane, turtle, hedgehog and other knickknacks – sometimes there are torches and sometimes there are little umbrellas and everyday he sets them up on his little patches of grass! Maybe he will deck it all out for Christmas! The orange tree is full of fruit and they are all over the roads but no one seems to pick anyone. The stray dogs seem have their own territory and there are usually 2 dogs on the same block! So here are some of my regular dogs I see on the way to work! There is my closest grocery store about one block down, my post office, one of the many kiosks that I pass on my way to work which sells everything from gum, candy bars, newspapers/magazines, cigarettes, chips, ice cream, drinks, beer (Amstel and Heinken), phone cards and bus tickets! And as you can see from the sidewalks it is very difficult to walk on them due to the parked cars, trash cans and trees growing!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill, Great pics thanks for sending them. Some of those streets look familiar from our May visit to your school. Its great that you have a pleasant walk each day and that you are befriending some of the merchants along the way.

Got to run.
Love
dad
xoxoxoxoo