Saturday, April 18, 2009

Toys to Toast


Today it was another beautiful - sun was shining, blue sky and quite breezy. As I really didn't have much else to do, I headed to Beethoven St. to find the toy store which featured Dick Bruna toys - he illustrated Miffy. She was a rabbit - simple drawing with using blue and orange colors a lot. Hard to explain - google it! Unfortunately, just a month ago it closed (to many other toy store owner's surprise!).

I took the tram back to museum quarter and the line to Rijks Museum was long so I decided to come back later in the day. However, I didn't get back to the area in time. I am really glad I went to the Van Gogh museum and not too upset I didn't make it the Rijks.

I did a lot of walking around again today. Sat a long time in a square by the university and listened to Irish music then walked to Vondelpark and sat on the grass for about 2 hours and wrote postcards and people watched.

Since Amsterdam was a large port for East India - there are a lot of great Indonesian restaurants. Blaine for the B&B recommend this one Sabo Sama which I ate at this evening. Good food and people watching. Now I am heading home (B&B) to read my book and relax. Are you wondering what the toast part of my entry is about - my face is toast right now - I even put sunscreen on it but my face feels like it is burning up - although I haven't seen it yet. Therefore toys to toast!

It has been a fantastic spring break and I can't wait to see all my photos - and print some. Stayed tuned. Dank-u

No comments: