Monday, April 13, 2009

quaint Germany


Sunday morning I flew out of Athens at the early hour of 8 am and had an easy flight to Frankfurt Germany where my friend Mark picked me up. We drove an hour south of Frankfurt to a small German village called Bann (not Bonn, Bann). The small village has basically one bakery. It was so nice to see green grass, trees and red peaked roofs.

Germany seems to ticket for everything- ya know honking the car horn is against the law - you can get a ticket. Everyone in AThens would have multiply tickets!!!!

Natasha had made a nice Easter lunch and we all hung out for the day. She also made a typical German dinner of potato salad and brauts! Today (Easter Monday) the kids went to school and Natasha and I went to the Rembrandt base for Starbucks and a Cinnabun! Then we went shopping in their American store - they had all the American products which I cannot find anywhere in Greece, like Ziplock bags, all products in English, Reese PB cups, Real Simple magazines, Vera Bradley products, etc.!!!!

We then headed to a burg (German for castle). Photos will have to be posted after my trip. It was a pretty significant castle with many remains left. Today was also a beautiful day - 75 degrees - flowers blooming, trees buds ready to pop, green grass, etc. Really lovely quaint countryside.

Tomorrow, Natasha and I are going on a day trip to France! Wait until tomorrow to find out which town I will be visiting......

No comments: