Thursday, April 16, 2009

Keukenhof Gardens




At breakfast I met an English couple who had had many visits to Amsterdam and had just gone to Keukenhof the day before - they gave me good tips on the best time to go and how to get there. I wasn't planning on going today but then decided I better since the weather was beautiful and I had to move B&Bs tomorrow. So after breakfast I headed for the train station to the airport and then took a bus to Keukenhof. This is where the world's largest bulb garden is and I hit it at peak time! Peak more about the flowers versus the number of people - but there were bus loads of people there.

Breath-taking is an understatement to describe the vibrant array of flowers - mostly tulips, hyancins (sp?) and daffodils. I probably took about 100 photos. Wait until you see these! It was truly amazing. Outside the gardens I could see fields and fields of blooming flowers - absolutely gorgeous. And the smells - purely fragrant.

Words cannot really express the beauty of this garden.

No comments: