Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring has arrived

It's been a long time coming but I think spring has finally arrived in Athens. It was pretty pathetic to read that NY and DC were like 80 degrees and we were barely getting to 65! But then again I have heard from the locals that there are only 2 seasons here winter and summer - and I am beginning to believe them now.

I had a "Spring Break is over party" on Friday night and the regular gang came and we shared our spring break adventures. The countries covered by my friends were Ireland, Slovakia, the Netherlands. Denmark, and some did some island hopping in Greece.

I bought an outside table, finally, for my patio where I ate breakfast and lunch at yesterday. Read the paper, marked papers - it will be used a lot. The weird part is that the patio is not off the kitchen it is the furthest from the kitchen - so I walk throught my dining room and living room to the patio! I get great afternoon sun.

Yesterday I just did local errands - found a seamstress, picked up dry cleaning, bought fruit from local market, etc. then last night went out to dinner with John and Flynn. We tried this Greek taverna near our school, so we were waiting for them to take our orders but then they came out with all this food. We were very confused but supposely unknowingly to Flynn he ordered for all of us and tons of food. this is a problem when you don't speak the language to protest something like this - so we just went with it - took a lot of food home and spent more that any of us were planning to spend for dinner.

I got home around 11 and at 11:30 a friend called and she said "So what are you doing tonight?" I re-looked at the clock - yes 11:30pm. Well I said I am going to bed soon. She was wondering if I wanted to go out to a club. As most of you know me, I need a little more heads up if I am going to out at 11:30pm! I was done for the night - i would have taken a nap earlier in the day to begin my evening at 11:30pm! I feel old.

So today I might stay in my house or on the patio all day - catching up on emails, planning for all my visitors this summer, making all the floral photos I took into cards and doing some planning for school.

Enjoy your day too!

No comments: