Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Oven



















Well on Monday, September 29 I got the call at work that my new oven would be delivered between 11:15-2:15 - so I walked home and waited. And low and behold at 1:30 it was delivered. So then I walked back to school. Then I had the electrician come around 6pm and hook it up. And now I have an oven/stove! And believe it or not have only cooked on it once. I have limited pans since the boat hasn't arrived - but they say it should be coming this weekend - I won't hold my breath! And these are some of the views from my apartment. The red terracota roof is Applebee's!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jill: John Mickle here - have no idea how to blog so hopefully this will get thru. .. this communication will be short because I am testing the system. Have read your postings - quite an adventure! Will check you site from time to time and add more once I know what I am doing . . Cheers

Anonymous said...

John M. again - that was easy! You sound busy getting used to your b eautiful surroundings plus the odd bit of site seeing. . The Fall season is starting here in Ancaster which is my favourite time of the year. E-mailed your mother and dad a few days ago asking how you were doing and was provided your blog address. It is fun to read about your adventure. How is the teaching part going? All the best and keep the postings coming. . .

Anonymous said...

Jill,
Great view and good looking apartment!!!! So glad your oven is finally in and you can cook at home. Hopefully your possessions will be in port soon.
had a good visit with pals(golf & poker) in TO last weekend.
Love
Dad
xxoxoxo

jaytee said...

even with all the small issues, you look awesome and it seems like you are having fun. i am so happy AND jealous.

i cannot WAIT to come for a visit!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
Your appt looks great...good to hear that you are settling in well.
Starting to get chilly here and the leaves are changing colour.
Still working on our house.
Hope your teaching is going well.
Love Helen (B)