Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Three Things Today- Tuesday!!!!

Okay, it's Tuesday. I had a pretty uneventful weekend because I caught the cold everyone else has - so I laid low, slept a lot and did laundry! But I did start my Greek lessons on Monday, so there is hope.....

But it's Tuesday and already I have news: First, last night I was fast asleep and around 4:30-5 am, I am awaken by my bed moving and me myself shaking. We had an earthquake this morning! They said it was about a 5.6 on the Ricter (sp?) scale.

Secondly, I booked my flight home for the Christmas holidays! So, I hope to see many of you. I am leaving Athens on Dec. 20 and arriving at Dulles at 7:15pm. I will stay at the hotel out there and catch a flight on Sun. morning for Savannah, GA. I am planning to leave Savannah around Dec. 29 or so and come to DC. I depart Dulles at 10:30pm on Jan. 3 and arrive in Athens on Jan. 4. So let's make plans......

The third thing is that the moving company confirmed my stuff will be delivered THIS Thursday! Yeah!!!!!!

Well that's all my news and it's only Tuesday - and oh i believe we turn the clocks back an hour soon - but then again so do you - well that means we are still 7 hours difference.

I don't want to forget to mention that my first and only friend called me this Sunday morning - great to chat with you Stefanie from OK!

Loved to hear from you even if it's just a short email. Hope everyone is well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
5.6 you must have been shaking...are you alright????
Good luck with your Greek lessons. Dad taught at his Literacy Class this am ..all about Halloween, Election,Thanksgiving ..its going pretty well.
So glad your boat has come in and you will finally be more settled with your "things". I know its been a long 2 months but it will all come together soon.
Keep smiling. Love you.

dad
xxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill - you are having a big week!!! Glad to hear things are picking up - things happen in 3's so maybe yo'll get internet hook up too...:)
We would love to see you over the break - I'll talk to ben about the thought of coming to DC for a couple of days...may happen...
can we do a skype with you this Sun.? what time works for you?
kelly