Sunday, August 28, 2011

Volunteering and Venturing to....

In October, my school will be moving to a brand new campus and therefore we have 2 weeks off.  Now some of the days (at the beginning and end) of this vacation are moving days... but for a week of it, I am going to CAMBODIA. 

The school raises money and volunteers for TABITHA - an organization which builds houses for people in Cambodia.  http://www.tabitha.ca  there are 3 trips - the first one is for teachers who want to go, then it's for families from CIS and then students.  So I am going on this first trip!

We will be flying to Siem Reap then go on to Angkor Way and visit the Bayan temples.  We will then drive to Phnom Penh and do the building.  We will have an opportunity to go to the Killing fields and S21.

That is about all I know about this adventure... I will keep you updated.  I will be there from Oct. 16-25.



No comments: