Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Food and Night Safari



Sampling new foods!
Last Saturday I went with about 12 gals to tour the Malay-Muslim area and walk through the bazaar – where there were many things for sale and some interesting foods!  We all found a different vendor bought some food and we all stood there sampling all the different foods.  What did I eat?  I am not definite.  There was grilled corn-on-the-cob, deep fried bananas, small quails, this pancake with corn and peanut sauce (which was quite yummy), this sub-sandwich with an omelet in it with some meat paddy and sauces – this was difficult to eat without utensils and a table!  I need to practice using chopsticks!

hyena


Last Sunday night, Debra and I went to the Night Safari.  It is so cool!  Since the sun sets every day (365 days a year) at 7pm – by 8 it’s dark!  We saw the night animal show with wolves, snakes, otters, and hyenas.  Then we took a tram around the zoo – we could have gotten off but we just rode around as it was a school night.  I looked mostly with my eyes rather than my camera because you couldn’t use flash and it was dark!  But it was really a great experience to see the animals at night.  I look forward to go back and explore more. 
wolf
The beginning of the week took forever to pass but then come Thursday it flew!  I definitely have a crew in my class – no one else seems to have as many issues with their kids/parents as me – good grief!
When I was in Athens on my walk to work it always made my day when I saw the wild green parrots.  Now it makes my day if I see the wild monkeys in the trees by my apartment entrance.  It’s the little things!!!!!

No comments: