Saturday, September 13, 2008

Observation Tidbits

Since it hardly rains here – the city becomes extremely dry and dusty – I have to wash/scrub my feet every day before going to bed. -
Trash – I just take my trash outside and put it in any dumpster on the road.-
Kiosks – they are everywhere and sell everything a 7-11 or Becker’s sell – drinks – water, soda, juice, beer – gum, snacks, newspapers, candy bars, ice cream novelities, - phone cards, bus tickets- easy and convenient!
Stray dogs and cats – they are everywhere but we have noticed that dogs do have collars – we think they were put on before the Olympics so it looked like they belonged to someone! They don’t!-
Mullets – Am I in the 80s? People dress very 80-ish and oh their hairdos! I have never seen so many mullets in my life – and you know what? They are still ugly!-

Shoes – there are SO many shoe stores – these people love their shoes – however – I don’t know how people walk in the shoes they sell at the store. The sidewalks are uneven, slippery at times (their sidewalks are made of smooth concrete or marble (there is marble everywhere)) Potholes – I just don’t know….

Cars/Drivers - pedestrians have no rights! Cars, motorcycles, mopeds - drive and park whereever they want - They mostly have stick shift cars, they are all talking on their cell phones, drinking their frappes (instant coffee, ice, tons of sugar and sometimes milk) and of course also smoking their cigarettes!!!! Watch out!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill, Glad you are at least not throwing trash from 4th floor balcony...Would Toto like Athens??? I remember seeing the crazy number of shoe stores..it must be a Greek fetish!!!!
Loving your blogs...your spirits are amazing given the frustrations...remember illegitimus non carborundum...I'm proud of you
Love
Dad
xxoxoxoxoxoxox