Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Play-by-Play of the Men's Hockey Game = Stress!!!!

Okay now this is my play-by-play experience of the men's hockey game tonight! As mentioned earlier I couldn't get the Olympics videos to play on my computer....... I was reading a great page turner book and therefore stayed up to finish it tonight. As I am about to go to sleep I think well a good hour of the hockey game has been played let me go turn my computer back on and just see what the score is. It is the end of the second period 2-1 Canada.

I desparately start clicking on all these buttons to see once again if I can watch it on ctv.ca but no luck. I try channelsurfing.net one more time and click on something which downloads and all of a sudden I AM watching the hockey game! Blinmeny - after all this time - 2 weeks and on the last friggin' night I CAN watch the Olympics. At this point, I think well I have to watch this.

As many of you know my internet is a tad slow and freezes a lot. So while I am watching it the screen freezes but the commentaries can still be heard as their voices become higher as exciting things are happening in the game and I am left screaming at my computer screen to unfreeze. Then I have some R-rated popups coming along accompanied by some home-boy rap music - I am sure it came with the downloading the Olympics.

As my clock is reaching 12.30 am and I am thinking oh good 24 more seconds and I can go to bed. BUT NO, USA scores and now it is tied!!!! Overtime? Unbelieveable!

Ah but it gets better! 4 mins of the OT period has gone by and my internet connection fails. Yep, I have to log on again - by the time I get on it 4 more minutes have passed...... and just as I begin to get connected.... He shoots and he SCORES!!!!!!!

CANADA HAS WON THE GOLD!!!!!
So although I have missed the entire Olympic games, my head will be happy to hit the pillow (as it is 1.20 am) with sweet dreams and a happy heart that Canada's Men and Women's hockey team have won the gold.

I am proud to be a Canadian!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn... no americans have left comments on this blog so I can't trash talk...! It was crazy on this side of the pond as well!

Adele