Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bunco or Bride-to-Be?

Well let's see.... what have I been up to? Well it's February so I am a tad in hibernation.... but the weather here has not been the typical February blues weather that all of you in North America are experiencing... the past few days have been about 65 degrees - so no complaining here!

Unfortunately I am unable to watch any video from the Olympics on my computer at home - though I have been following it and read every day what has been happpening. So it's the BIG hockey game tonight.......Go Canada!!!!! Not only will it be fantastic if they win but this is hockey night in Canada! And then Canada would break the record of earning 14 gold medals in one Olympic Games!!!!!


Last night my friend Miah and I hosted a surprise engagement party for our good friend Kate. We masked it as our girls' monthly Bunco night - and boy was she surprised! The whole "American" gang was here - babies and all!
Here is dwain reading the letter Carten (Kate's fiance who lives in the US) wrote to her.
It was a fun time by all! We are all moving into different directions as our two year contracts are up this spring. Dwain and Miah will be staying here (as well as the "newbies" - those hired this year - Christy, Lacey, Eli and Therese) - Miah won't be working at ACS though - she will take care of Harper - the Kuniks got a sweet jobs in Dubai, the Levitts don't know what they will be doing as of yet; Kate will be following Carten whereever he ends up for grad school; Lindsey will be heading back to the states (Georgia) and for me? I still don't know - of course I will let you know as soon as I have any ideas!
This afternoon I went with my new cooperating teacher Irene to preview an interactive movie about our Earth, climate, natural disasters, etc. There were 4 short films - one with 3D glasses, one with incorporating lights and music to describe natural things like wind and rain - then I guy on the screen encouraged the kids to make noise with their bodies and get up and dance. The third movie was an interactive quiz game - this was move difficult to follow along as it was written all in Greek and my friend only had 8 seconds to translate - so didn't like that one so much and the last one had seats that moved, water that sprayed on us, cold air - so while we were going over waterfalls we got misted and stuff. Pretty cool!
Kelly and Ben are to arrive in 2 weeks - I sure hope the weather stays warm and sunny!

No comments: