Friday, May 15, 2009

Movies under the stars, Burning under the sun

I have found a new favorite spot - besides the crepe place on the platia - there is now the outside movie theater at the end of my street. It is great - it has chairs and small tables -to put your food or drinks on - and you sit outside and watch your movie! I think I will be watching a lot of movies here - Friday I watched Angels and Demons - all movies are in English with Greek subtitles - however if the characters speak another language, such as French or Italian, as in this movie - the subtitles are still in Greek!
Saturday morning - I finished assembling the notecards I made. I have always wanted to make notecards from my photos but never had a venue to sell them. Saturday was our school Spring Fair - this fair had everything from raffle tickets to American BBQ to international booths which provided food or drinks or travel brochures; to used book sale to air guitar contests to kids selling homemade things or used toys to class tables selling things or having games to throwing a wet sponge at your favorite teacher! All to raise money for the PTO!!!!! It was a hot day on Saturday.
Lucky for me I volunteered to let kids pay a Euro to try to hit me in the face with a wet sponge. I had to begin my shift early because so many of my students were lined up to attempt. Andreas has a really good arm and aim!!!!! I was quite wet when my 15 minutes was up!
Our 4th grade sold small plants and flowers to raise money for the grade and this is where I sold my cards. The photos on the cards were flowers from Keukenhof Gardens in Holland. I think I made 75 cards and the envelopes and I would say I have about 20 cards left. But I am going to sell them in the faculty room too! I am donating money to the 4th grade in hopes to purchase an LCD projector for my classroom next year.



Saturday night I went over to Dwain and Miah's for game night. Sunday (today) I haven't left my house but did a major cleaning - packing away winter clothes - reorganizing closets for all my guests (next blog entry). And of course marked papers! Only 24 school days left!

No comments: