Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fun with Friends Weekend




This weekend was one of those weekends you don't have much to do but when you look back upon it, it turned out to be a great weekend!

Friday night Kate, John, Flynn and I went downtown to Gazi - a happening neighborhood - to go to the Jazz Festival. It was nice and free and outdoors. We ran into some colleagues from work and we chatted while listening to jazz music. After we went out to a restaurant to hang out, eat and drink. When my head finally hit the pillow it was 4 am!

Saturday, Christina picked me up at 10.30 to drive me to the cake lady's house to pick up the cake for the Confer's baby shower on Sunday. We dropped off the cake and Kate and Lindsey's - picked them up and went baby shopping for a gift. Lindsey, Kate and I took the bus back to Halandri where we ate crepes and went to the bookstore - I was very excited to find a Real Simple magazine - it's really the little things!

By the time I took the bus back to my neighborhood, walked up the hill, went to the grocery store it was close to 6.30 - so I just stayed in on Saturday night.



Sunday, I picked up these sandwiches called Bombes from the bakery (the only thing open on Sundays) It's about 10 or more layers of brown bread salmon,cuke and cream cheese sandwiches - on round bread with very little crusts. Got to Lindsey and Kate's around 10.30 and the shower began at 11.00.

It was a great shower - the whole gang was there including some of the teachers we don't hang out with who came over to ACS with all of us. Good conversations, a lot of laughter, great food, generous gifts - a good time by all!

This afternoon, I took my daily nap on the patio - did some cleaning and looked at financial matters - why is it whenever I am planning to leave for a trip (Budapest next weekend) this is when all my bills arrive - plus giving my landlady rent tomorrow! Oh vey!

1 comment:

Kevin Pammett said...

I love this blog!!! Thank you so much for putting it together. My daughter ("Jillian") has just landed a co-op job in Greece for the Fall so I happened to stumble upon your blog. What terrific stories !!!! I love it that people are psyched enough about living their lives that they want to share it like this with others. Bravo !