Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Weekend of Variety


Pamela Anderson

Enrique Iglesias

I started my weekend attending the last day of Eurovoice - the first  European Music Contest.  We saw half of the contestants about 14 of them.  it was broadcasted live on TV and online.  Guess who the hostess was..... Pamela Anderson.  yep!  Why?  I have no idea!  But the guest performer was Enrique Iglesias - it was a great performance.  He sang 4 songs.  Just before the third song some young audience member hopped on the stage and all the bouncers came to remove her but Enrique let her stay on the stage and he sang his song Hero to her!  it was great!
 
Enrique singing Hero to some girl who jumped up onto the stage!



Lacey, Christy and Jill at Eurovoice





 Saturday was a cool, rainy fall day.  I was up in an area called Kifissia and found this bakery/diner place.  The closest establishment to a diner I have ever seen here.   I had a ham omelet and cinnamon croissant all for 6 Euros!  And then took some fresh meringues home.

Last night I stayed home and watch the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on my computer.  The neighbors' dog was left on the balcony as they went out and it sat and cried and howled for 4 hours until the owners came home at 1.30am.  So that is when I finally got to sleep.  But then at 4.30 am my bed collasped while I was sleeping in it.  I was so tired I just stayed in the bed.


Carrie, Susan, Catherine, Kim and Jill

Today (Sunday) I got up at 8 and went downtown to walk 2km for the Susan Komen Race for the Cure.  It was a good turn out of people.  And boy was it hot!  I sort of joined the ACS group - why not?  I was walking right behind the new American Ambassador and his body guards.  Then had lunch at Simply Burgers with some of the new faculty and then laid out on my balcony from 3-5 soaking in the sun.  It's 8pm now and I have been out here in my sundress enjoying the lovely weather and chatting with friends on Skype.

Me at the entrance


ACS Race for the Cure crew


No comments: