Friday, April 23, 2010

The Dentist

So, embarrassed as I am to admit that I haven't been to a dentist in almost 2 years, I finally went to one today. Now let me preface why I haven't gone to a dentist or any other doctor for that matter in almost two years. We really have no help finding a doctor/dentist. No help finding one which speaks English and one that is in our area or accessible via the bus/metro and close to where we live. So we all just haven't gone.

A colleague of mine found an English speaking dentist whose fees were not too high. So I finally made an appointment and went today. Her practices is very nice, new equipment, tools in packages which she opened in front of me, etc. I did warn her I hadn't been to the dentist in about 2 years and she did compliment me on how clean they were. But I still had a small cavity.

So since I was there and arrived earlier than my appointment, she luckily had time to fix it. Now I know this experience is a tad boring but I am sharing anyway! What I don't understand is that it doesn't matter where in the world you are, why do all dentists ask you questions when you have all these things in your mouth - how can one possibly answer the dentist????

No comments: