Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year to everyone! Can you believe it is already 2010? I cannot.
I had a great (yet quick) Christmas holiday in the states. I hadn't been back since last Christmas. The first thing I noticed was that I could understand everyone's conversations around me- everyone spoke English! This was certainly a welcoming change. Another great change was to be able to put the toilet paper in the toilet!!!!
I arrived late to SC on December 23 and left on January 3, arriving here in Greece January 4th.
December 24 went straight to shopping at Stein Mart! Always success there. Did some other errands and then celebrated Christmas Eve with friends of my parents, candle light church service. December 25 opened stockings then loaded the car to drive 5 hours to Florida - Disney World here we come!
It was a complete surprise for the kids - they opened their surprise Christmas morning and flew out in the afternoon! We did the Magic Kingdom for 2 days, Animal Kingdom for a day (let's just to say doing the safari was good if you have never been on a real safari before but a let down if you have!!!) And we did Epcot for a day. We ate dinner at different country pavillions, saw the Magic Kingdom parade, the light show parade, the light show at Epcot. The boys and I did all the scary rollercoasters - Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Mt. Everst!
We covered a lot of ground in 4.5 days! Oh did a character breakfast too.
On the third day after the character breakfast, we went to visit my Grandma. I know she loved seeing us, even though it was a short visit.
It was a hard Christmas for her as Grandpa passed away in October. But Grandma, you look great and it was wonderful to see you!
My parents gave the trip of Disney World to me and my stister, brother-in-law and niece and nephew. It was a fantastic trip! As we alternate Christmas with my sister, it was our turn! So I hadn't seen them since Maine August 2008! As most of you know, my nephew and niece share a birthday and were both born on Christmas Day -so Austin turned 7 and Heidi turned 5. Wow, how have their grown! Thanks Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thanks is from us...you and Kelly make us so proud...while your lives are very different, they are both filled with joy, excitement, enthusiasm, love, and caring. Thanks for enjoying the Disney moments with us...rollercoasters, Mary Poppins, Mickey, Minnie, Soarin' and Epcot 2nd left!!! We will never forget.

see you all in Maine!!!

Love
dad
xxoxoxoox