Saturday, March 28, 2009

Weekend Away- Porto Heli

me view from bedroom
Miah and Kate


Weekend March 27-29, 2009

What a great weekend we had! Christina, Kate and I (and the two dogs) were in one car and Colin, Sue, Dwain and Miah were in another car - and road trip here we come!!!! I haven't laughed so hard and so much in a long time. It was basically a 3 hour car ride of laughing. We had so much fun! Our road trip to Christina's family house in Porto Heli (where I went to in January). We went out to dinner Friday night. Saturday we woke up to a beautiful blue sky and sun and we basically sat outside from 9-4 talking, eating and drinking wine. Life doesn't get better than this!!!! Our view right below was a welcoming (but freezing cold) pool and further out the turquoise blue Meditterrean sparkling Sea.

The sun has become stronger now as my "little" nose became quite red/pink. We all didn't think it was going to be such a beautiful weekend - thus we didn't bring sunblock. I have now learned my lesson, it should go everywhere with me!
We all participated in the Earth Hour. We made dinner just before (BBQ chicken, salad, rice, etc) and we ate outside under the planetarium of stars, in front of the outside fireplace.

Everyone in Christina's family is very artistic. They have a family chapel on their property and her older Paul painted a fresco in it. This is a picture of the altar in the chapel.
Sunday was also great! We ate breakfast and relaxed, read books, talked some more and then drove home. What a wonderful weekend!






No comments: