Sunday, March 15, 2009

Residence Permit

Well it finally arrived - the letter indicating that my permanent residence permit is ready. So just as a recap I arrived here August 22 - moved into my residence around August 30. The papers weren't filed until October 23, 2008 and on March 11 I went and picked up the sticker which is put in my passport.
This means I can now leave and re-enter Greece - I can now travel outside of Greece!!!!! So where am I going for spring break? I don't know yet but I think Germany. Will keep you posted.
But this residence permit expires on October 23, 2009 - don't ask I don't know....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not a permanent residence permit. Permanent permits are only issued to those staying 5-10 years in Greece, and come in the form of cards.

It expires on October 23, 2009 because it was filed on October 23, 2008 and is only good for a year. You're lucky you got it at all. Most people don't receive theirs until after it's expired.