Thursday, February 5, 2009

Super Bowl and other random things

Okay so the Super Bowl was on 5 nights ago...but today I watched it. I had heard it was a great game and was disappointed I missed it. (I really do miss watching "American" football). I thought I would grab some gelato at a cafe near my house on my way home from school. I walked in and there they had the Super Bowl playing, so I sat down to watch it. I caught it at 2 minutes before half time and it was exciting from that point on!!! Even though I knew the score, I was just waiting to see how the points played out. I was happy.

I also accomplished a few more things on my to-do list - and the Greeks say you can only get to one thing a day on a list. On my way to school I, finally, stopped in to HSBC to apply for a European credit card - I was meaning to do this 5 months ago but here it was Feb5! It should arrive in a week!


I finally contacted two friends who live here - they are not my friends (yet) but are friends of a friend in the states. Contacted both of them and meeting them this weekend!


Below is the painting I purchased while in Monemvasia yet it just arrived on Tuesday. I have not hung it up yet as I need a friend to help me but am so pleased with my purchase!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,

Really happy to see you did buy the painting..it is gorgeous.

Love Helen(B)