Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Halloween in February???


I love the weekends when you think you have nothing to do and all of a sudden it is packed full! Saturday Kate and I went downtown to Syntagma to shop around and have lunch. It was a beautiful day and bustling with people.


Saturday night I went over to Christina's for dinner and to get ready for a Carnival party. Carnival - Mardi Gras lasts for about 4 weeks before Clean Monday (which is kind of like Fat Tuesday!) Clean Monday is this coming Monday - a holiday (our first since Christmas vacation).

Well this party was like your typical Greek outing - the party didn't begin until 10pm and we didn't arrive until about 11:30 pm and we left the party at 4:30 am (Quite impressive for me!!!!)

Carnival is basically a costume party so it was Halloween in February! I wore my Stone Ridge student costume!


So I stayed over at Christina's house and then on Sunday we had been invited to attend the a restaurant for brunch. The family's children attend ACS and so offered a discounted price for buffet. The restaurant is called Royal Thai and it had fabulous Thai food!


Then Christina, Kate and I continued to the Mall to watch the movie "He's just not into you" which was a great chick flick!!!!!


So the weekend ended up better than expected.

No comments: