Saturday, August 30, 2008

Non furnished means no appliances either...

OH huge unknown problems was once we arrived here we found out that when they say no furniture that also means no appliances - no fridge, no oven, no microwave, no dishwasher, no AC, no wash machine- AND - the places that were shown be a relator - we need to pay them a whole months rent for their services plus first months rent PLUS 2 months rent for deposit.

I fortunately got my second choice - it is right in the main town of Agia Paraskevi - 10 min. walk from school, a bus ride to the metro, 4th floor (elevator), 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, livingroom with fireplace, eating area, large kitchen and 3 balconies! 1050 sq. feet so tons of room for you all to visit. I signed a two year contract. My main landmark for where I need to turn on my street is an Applebees restaurant - to boot!

My classroom is quite small and have large windows facing east again. Hot mornings. Fortunately there is air conditioning. There has been real direction on what I am suppose to do in the classroom or teach. School begins on Sept. 4 and I won't meet my cooperating teacher until Sept. 2 nor will I get my class list. And I used to stress over getting it a week beforehand......

I never need to listen for the weather because it is always the same, sunny, hot, blue sky no clouds! The weather has been between 85-110 degrees since I have been here.

I have successfully mastered "Do you speak English?" in Greek but am learning too.

No comments: