Sunday, June 24, 2018

Picturesque Portugal - Algarve - Praia da Luz

My home base was in Praia da Luz - a beautiful town and beach.  The sand on the beach was soft and clean.  I stayed in w different places here - both places were an easy 5-minute walk to the beach.  An apartment with a wonderful view was a friend of a friend's AirBnB -  it was a bit big/much for one person but great for 2-4 people.  But it has a great balcony.
The other place I stayed in for 4 nights was a place called Oasis Apartments - which also has a pool.  It's a fully furnished apartment with a patio.
On the 3rd night, I returned home from a day trip I didn't have any water. 
For some reason, only my apartment didn't have water when I returned from a day outing! It was after reception hours and Portugal was playing in the World Cup. I called the number on the business card and someone came right away to assess the situation. No plumber was available that evening. Kasper the guy who came to assess my situation offered another apartment in Lagos for the evening. He drove me there and since I had not had dinner walked me to a recommended restaurant and paid for my dinner. He then let me sightsee in Lagos that day. When I asked him to pick me up at 2 pm the following day - he did. I was so impressed and appreciative!

Great restaurants in Luz - YOLO (You Only Live Once) - they had the BEST banoffee.  The owners of YOLO also own Boaty's which is open for all 3 meals.


View from AirBnB - Luz beach


No comments: