Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bangkok, Thailand - Visit with former ACS student

Jill, Mew, Mao, Munin
The day before my tour officially began, I had a great visit with a former student of mine.  I taught Mew at the American Community School in Athens, Greece in 2008 before he and his family returned to Bangkok.

We had  a great visit.  They picked me up from my hotel and we drove about 2 hours outside of Bangkok to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market.  We hopped into a traditional wooden boat (sampan) and cruised along the canals browsing other boatfuls of souvenirs and food as well as "stores" on mainland but you can only access them by boats.    I am really glad I had an opportunity to visit this place.

Then we went to another place for lunch by the river where we had many seafood options.  Afterwards, we went to a touristy/garden place where we watched a traditional show which highlighted many of the traditional ceremonies and activities in the Thai culture.




After a long but pleasant day, they dropped me back at my new hotel.  It was really great having the opportunity to spend time with Mew and listen to all that he had to share (he hardly said a word in my class!)

No comments: