Friday, December 30, 2011

Majestic Elephants

I was so looking forward to this day - the day I ride an elephant.  But do you know what?  That was not my highlight of the day.  The highlight for me was the opportunities I had to touch and feed the elephants.  It was fantastic!

We were able to touch the heads of the elephants and the trunks; we took photos with them and the trainers encouraged the elephants to put up their trunks and play around with us humans!  Then we watched the elephants take their morning baths and many of them came out of the water and squirted water at us.  So much fun!





We then watched the elephant show which showcased what elephants can do, such as, raise a flag on a flagpole to play instruments (xylophone, harmonica and drums) to move and pick up logs to painting!  Three elephants painted pictures which people from my group all bought (including me).  We then had the opportunity to feed the elephants and click more photos.   Then we rode the elephants for about 30 minutes in a forest in the conservation center.   It was an unforgettable day!

No comments: