Thursday, May 5, 2011

Birthday

I had a wonderful birthday this year.  My good friends' parents were in town Tom and Mollie and another couple John and Paula - Athens was their last stop from their cruise from Istanbul.

Wednesday we climbed the Acropolis, walked around the Plaka and had dinner near the Agora.  It was nice to visit the sites ONE more time with tourists!


Although Thursday (my birthday) was an unusual cool and rainy day we were all troopers!  We saw the changing guards at Parliament, walked through the National Gardens, went inside the Zappion, went to the Temple of Zeus and I left them at the Agora while I went to work.

We all reunited that evening at the Grande Bretagne Hotel where we were having dinner at the Roof Restaurant with a beautiful view of the Acropolis.

Tom, John, Jill, Mollie, PaulaThen on Saturday I went to a restaurant called Costa Nostra - an Italian restaurant in the Monastiraki area with 8 of my friends.  Great dinner!



Susan, Christy, Jill, Miah, Cat, Kim, Lacey, Dave, George

No comments: