Saturday, August 14, 2010

Marvelous Maine



I hadn't been in Maine since the summer of 2008; however, after unpacking our bags, walking around the cottage to see if anything had changed and going to Shaw's for a grocery run, it's like I had just been here. Even my father was noting that it didn't seem like a year ago (for him). This is where I pointed out because it is familiar. we know where everything is in the cottage and where the stores are. You don't need to acquaint yourself with how do you get to...? Or where can I find...? Or how do I say... " It's convenient and in English! No doubt traveling is exhausting but the comfort is refreshing to get to your destination and instantly relax!

I have consumed all my favorite Maine food - blueberry pie, blueberries - large and small, blueberry jam, Cape Cod potato chips and lobster!


The days routine is usually - get up around 7- go for a walk on the beach until 8. Have breakfast - read the newspaper, a book, or if we have Internet, check that. I enjoy doing this, exactly where I am sitting right now - on the small wicker couch in my bedroom overlooking the dunes, beach and ocean - an absolutely beautiful and peaceful view. 10:30ish - lather up with sunscreen, put on bikini and walk across the street tot the beach. Where I read more or go for another walk on the beach! Come back to cottage for lunch - go back down to the beach, repeat morning activities. Between 4-5, return to cottage - shower - check Internet - have a cocktail, play a game of Scrabble or Cribbage with Mom. Help make dinner, eat, read and got to bed.
Now the activities in the cottage o and on the beach will alter a little beginning tomorrow when my 7.5 year old nephew and 5.5 year old niece arrive...
But if life can get better than this, please let me know! But to me, life is fantastic and I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 comment:

rob said...

it sounds just perfect. It is so amazing to go home after having been living abroad - i love just understanding small talk and not having to think too much about what to say to people. Though i love going back to my new home too.