Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wine Touring

Me beside many bottles at vineyard #3!Christy, Colin and Terese testing at vineyard #2.

Vinyard #1 taste testing.

Dwain organized this great day on Saturday. 17 of us (including Harper the baby) loaded up on the rented mini bus to drive to the northern part of the Peloponnese to visit 4 different wineries. It was a perfect fall day - sun shining (about 70 degrees). We were given good tours and explanations of how each of the 4 wineries processed their grapes. And more importantly were given great wine to sample.

Off the bus with all our wine!!!!

After the third winery we stopped for lunch and then headed to our last one. We all returned with at least 2 bottles of wine in hand - some many more.

Here's a video of the labels being put on the bottles. Cheers!

1 comment:

Not Alone said...

What a wonderful time you are having. I just found your blog by hitting the 'next blog' option at the top of my blog page... killing time while eating my breakfast of a peanut butter and honey sandwich.
I stopped at your page as the topic of Greece caught my eye... I just travelled there this past September.

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading your blog entries (yes I read most of them... including the part about breaking your IKEA bed????).

Keep up the good work... I,myself, am finding it hard to keep up with the blogging... if only I was in Greece again with new sights and experiences every hour!