Thursday, October 29, 2009

Life After Death



As most of you know, I am not one to write my political or religious views on my blog but I need to do this one. I really don't believe in life after death, however, I am questioning my beliefs. I may be just overanalyzing this incident but I am going to share.

Unfortunately, my Grandpa passed away Friday (I heard on Saturday). He had many health problems and he died peacefully at home with my uncle and my grandmother. It is definitely difficult to lose someone and especially being so far away. I was so looking forward in seeing him in 2 months when I return home for Christmas.

It has been raining here in Greece for about 5 days straight. This past weekend was a washout, so it was a good weekend to curl up, stay in the pajamas, read and relax. And reflect. On Sunday, I was basically here on the couch in my livingroom for the entire day. Looking through the sliding glass doors and watching the rain come down. Mid morning a pigeon flew on to my balcony and starting pecking at some crumbs and plant bits. This pigeon continued to walk around the balcony. It tried numerous times to go through the glass of the sliding glass doors and almost came into my bedroom as that door was open (we don't have screens here). This pigeon then just hung out on my balcony for a good six hours. It slept by the door for a long time too. The same pigeon.

And so in my thoughts, I was kind of thinking that this pigeon may have been Grandpa coming to spend some time with me before he flew up to heaven. Over six hours..... and so I was happy to have the pigeon keeping me company on Sunday. And I will never know but maybe there is life after death.

No comments: