Monday, September 7, 2009

Jill's Rejuvenated Weekend

I had a "Jill" weekend and I LOVED it! A "Jill" weekend is time for "me, myself and I." The rest of my friends went to an island for the weekend. Saturday, I did errands around Agia Paraskevi. I, finally, finished unpacking my suitcase from Santorini. I did laundry, purged some clothes and purses, had photos developed, cleaned, sorted through papers, etc.
Sunday I didn't leave my pajamas until 8pm. I spent the day on the computer - organizing photos, surfing the web, Skyping, writing (responding) to emails. At 8 pm, got dressed and walked down the hill to watch the new Harry Potter movie at the open theater - of course, it rained! Fortunately, I came prepared, found coverage and put on my raincoat! I was kind of disappointed with the movie. Not much action or climax. But then again always good to see a movie in English.
Today, I skyped with a friend in Hawaii (it was Sunday there and it was Monday morning here - weird, eh?) then went to the post office, bank, pilates place, light place, grocery store. This afternoon was the best part of "Jill Weekend" - I used part of my gift certificate to the Grande Bretagne Spa. I got an hour long hot stone full body massage. It was heavenly and now I feel quite relaxed!
Everyone should take time for themselves. I know it is easier for me but I highly recommend it! "Jill's Weekend" was needed and was a success!
Now back to work tomorrow - probably more students, chaos and stress but that's tomorrow and today is today!

1 comment:

Dad said...

AH HA...know what you mean.. sometimes you just need space, time, do what you want when you want to...and then the big massage...glad you enjoyed it!!!!

Special treats are always nice.

Our SKYPE today was great..so happy to hear your first week was good and that new Grade 4 teach is A-OK.

I've started my English to Hispanic teaching again and the prep work is getting to me, but class is good and is Advanced level can you believe it!!

Love
Dad
xoxoxxoxoxo
DAD
XOXXOXOXOXO