Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tanzania Trip Finally Booked

Well after about 2 months of trying to figure out the best way to get to Arusha Tanzania and waiting to see if the trip is going to be a go - I have finally booked my flight to Tanzania. Only a month before I am to leave but it's booked.

Although I live in Greece, I have to fly up to Amsterdam to then fly down to Tanzania. I depart on July 31 and return August 13.

So today I went with my Greek-Canadian friend to the immunization building to get my shots. Thank goodness she was there as I don't know how I would have explained and they to understand what I needed. But oddly enough, they didn't have any yellow fever or typhoid immunization - they were all out. Really? How is this possible? Unfortunately for me, both my polio and hepatitis A immunizations had expired and I need to retake these. However, they suggested I do these 2 weeks after my yellow fever and typhoid shots. Which is cutting it rather close to my departure date. And I have "nothing" really to do this week and thought it would be a good time if there were any yucky side effects I could deal with them now verses when I have guests here. No such luck.

I did get the malaria pills from the pharmacy which my friend highly recommended. The immunization place had free malaria pills but you only took 4 - I didn't think that would be so affective so I paid for the pills.

We will see....

No comments: