Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stefanie's Visit - Guest #2


Stefanie (from Oklahoma, whom I met in Costa Rica in 2007 when volunteering) arrived on Monday, July 6 and just left today. We had a packed full week of ancient ruins, beaches, an island, out with friends and relaxing! Tuesday we did the typical Athens tourist events. Saw the Temple of Zeus, Acropolis, Ancient Agora - ate at a taverna.




Wednesday, Flynn, Stefanie and I rented a car and drove to Delphi. The ancient Greeks believed that Delphi was the center of the world, the spot Apollo chose as the home of his most famous oracle. After Delphi we found a great beach Agios Nikolas where we relaxed and swam.

Flynn and I in front of the Treasure House of Athens in Delphi


Me in front of Temple of Apollo


Thursday (after I got my Yellow Fever and Typhoid shots for Africa) Dwain, Miah and baby picked Stefanie and I up and we went to Sounio for a day at the beach! Great beach -pebble beach - clear waters.

Friday, I took Stefanie to Pantelis Melissinos' sandal store where she successfully purchased 5 pairs of sandals - not all for her!


We went to Mykonsos Saturday-Monday. Hotel Tagoo on Mykonsos Island - hotel's pool and sea view - not bad, eh?

Stefanie and I enjoying a drink at Jackie O.'s bar.


Me in front of Mykonos' famous windmills.
Me just before sunset - Hora - old town in the background.
A typical (yet fairly famous) church on the island. Supposely there are 365 churches - one for every day!

No comments: