Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mom has arrived part 1

Mom safely and uneventfully arrived yesterday morning. I met her at the airport and we took my form of transportation home - the metro bus! We hiked up the hill in the heat and landed in my apartment about 11:45 am. Then I left and walked to work for the afternoon.

Even though Mom had been travelling overnight, she didn't sleep when I went to work, she did what she "loves" to do - she cleaned my apartment. Even though I had cleaned it before she came!

Tuesday evening we stayed in. Wednesday morning we both walked to work and then Mom ventured back by herself, tackling errands on her way. By the time I got home at 3 - the laundry had dried and was folded neatly, the curtains were cleaned and rehung on the tracks, weeds were pulled out from my flower beds and new flowers appeared, some cooking was done and my freezer was defrosted!

This evening the whole gang went out for dinner one last time. Unfortunately neither Terry or Bill joined us - but the regular gang plus Mom and plus Miah and Dwain's baby. We ate on the roof of a restaurant looking up towards the Acropolis. see next post for more details

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill,

Reading your blog about your mom cleaning your apartment makes me a little nervous about staying with you.... do I have to do your laundry in exchange for a bed?!? :)

2.5 weeks and counting!!

Adele

Anonymous said...

Hi (Ms. Rivers/Jill)
We are coming to Greece on July 22nd. We are planning on going to the new Acropolis museum possibly with the Spina's on the 23rd from 12:00pm-2:00pm- Would you like to join us? I have an extra ticket. Demetra Tsantes