Saturday, June 20, 2009

African Safari Dream Trip


Well it has been a long time since I posted - sorry - life has been busy! Let's see...


The travel agency in England which is sponsoring the Tanzanian Safari trip announced the trip is finally a "go" because at least 6 people have signed up. I have been waiting and waiting for this so I can book my flight, get my immunizations, etc. But now I feel it is a race against time. I am having great difficulty finding flights to Arusha, Tanzania. The England travel agency suggested I fly to Nairobi and take a bus from Nairobi to Arusha which is about 3 hours. However, yesterday I spoke to a friend's friend who is from South Africa and she advised me not to fly to Nairobi because it isn't safe. I am trying my friend's friend travel agency here in Greece to see what she can find. She is also going to help me get my immunizations - thank God! Now the VISA for Tanzania is going to be more difficult than I thought because I am used to living in Washington where all embassies are and I now realize Greece doesn't have a Tanzanian Embassy. Yikes!


My next issue - should I buy a SLR digital camera for the trip? Obviously it is a trip of a lifetime. I have a good compact digital camera Panasonic Lumix with 10x zoom. But I have never used an SLR camera before. Please pass on your advice on my comments or via email. thanks

No comments: