Sunday, October 3, 2010

September Reflection and October Resolutions

Where does the time go?  I cannot believe it is October already.  As I reflect on all that happened in September, I am pleased with how the month rolled out.  Even before reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Ruben, I had already made up my mind to set goals for myself each month (and each day if plausible).  For September, my goals were to maintain on my diet, cook better meals, exercise almost every day, obtain some clients, put away my things so stuff didn't pile up everywhere, do some cultural things, start an online class, and read every day.  I know I was setting the bar a little high. But thoughts are those goals I didn't achieve I could roll over to the next month!

So how did I do?  Pretty well in my mind.  I have maintained my diet (eating every 4 hours 400 calories per meal, including a MUFA), I am cooking better meals - this goes nicely with the diet.  I have 2 friends over once a week and cook for them; the exercising almost every day is really not happening - I am lucky if I get twice a week  - but this is a chore for me - I don't like to exercise....
I did get enough clients.  I attended a variety of cultural events this month.  I joined a book club.  I started an online class.  I am taking Induction to PYP online.  This is the curriculum that I was supposed to be trained in and teach at ACS but the school dropped it when I arrived in 2008; and this is the curriculum that I lacked knowledge of preventing me of obtaining interviews and thus a teaching job in another country for this school year.  So I am thrilled to have found the class and am able to take the class online.  It began on Wednesday - I have one more assignment to do before Tuesday! 

I had a great September.  Relatively stress free - I am really enjoying my daily activities.  I am not bored and don't really miss the classroom.

However, stress has crept back into my mind as what to do about the future.  Here I just got comfortable with the decision I made about this year and the nagging question is where are you going next year?  Which job fair are you going to?  Where do you want to live?  Yes I know applications and paper work needs to be completed soon but I don't want this stress to engulf my life so early.  Why can't a good job just drop in my lap? (through Skype...) 

But on a lighter note, my goals for October are to close the drawers and cupboards after I use them, exercise, put away things at once, reply to emails within 48 hours, plan ahead a little more and maintain the goal achievements I have reached so far.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with all of that!!!:):)

Greek2me said...

Ya I need to add one more thing - go to bed earlier, so I can wake up earlier.